Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 5,206 through 5,220 (of 5,632 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Of course you have to compare in the correct price range…
    HighEnd CDJs with highend controllers like 4Trak, NS6/7 etc.
    Lowend chinese 100 bucks CDJs with 100 bucks controllers. (Controller still wins IMHO)

    in reply to: #1008968
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    The VCI 400 will not work with Itch and I thought that is the software you had chosen.
    The VCI 400 is a very very good controller but at this time it works perfectly with VDJ Pro only. It works also nicely with Traktor but some things are not as perfect as they could be and for using Traktor to its full potential you would need to get the VCI-400 EGE (ean golden edition) and this comes at a hefty price.
    So if you tend into that directions, I would make up my mind about software choice first, since it is a lot of money you are going to spend. Also I see no advantage in Traktor if you are already using ableton in addition to your standard DJ software and you cannot control Traktor’s Remix decks via the launchpad.

    in reply to: About Time to Upgrade #1008967
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Choose your software first is my suggestion. Then look what you want from a controller, then decide on the controller to buy.

    in reply to: Any College DJs out there? #1008966
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well train train train, get your DJ skills up and have a love for music, then you should be able to pull it off.
    However it is not easy to hit the big clubs that pay well from the bat. So income might be short, but of course you should get payed. Never sell yourself to cheap or you will never get to the real paychecks…
    Also to consider if you want this to be your College jog: I earn triple to four times the money playing a single wedding than what I get from a night in a club that is only mediocre or has a bad day and is low on patrons drinking much…

    in reply to: Hey Im a newbz and I already have questions…. #1008965
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hi and welcome to the forums!

    Now for your questions it is prolly better to post them in the right forum sections, but I give it a shot to answer them:

    1. To really do this functions nicely you will need a controller. Even the cheapest controller can do that better than any keyboard. In VDJ Pro (not home) you can map it with VDJ script. I am no expert in VDJ script, but you find great examples at the VDJ homepage and the VDJ wiki. Best look there what is possible.

    2. http://www.acapellas4u.co.uk

    3. Yes it is. However this is sort of complicated and not really an easy task to do. So nothing I can explain of the bat here.

    4. I just leave music organisation to iTunes. I do not care how it does its folders etc. Most DJ software (at least Traktor, VDJ and Serato) do integrate with iTunes nicely, so I also do things like tagging etc. in iTunes.

    in reply to: #1008904
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Then by all means go NS6 😉

    in reply to: Previewing in Headphones without a Sound Card #1008903
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    What you need is a split cable, that will split the stereo out of the PC into 2 mono TRS connectors. So you can have your master sound on one channel and the headphones on the other. Through both will be mono in this setup.

    in reply to: Should I buy the "How To Digital DJ Fast" course? #1008876
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I think it is not bad, even for good DJs as the course gives a lot of insight into the basics that even some good DJs are still lacking.

    in reply to: Dell PCs #1008875
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well you can do it the hard way:
    Download only the dell drivers from the dell homepage, without the tools manually.
    Install Windows from scratch with only the drivers you need.

    Sadly most of the time though you do not get a full Windows version to install from Dell and only a restore CD, so you would need a copy of windows to do that.

    in reply to: Finally Got it Tweaked!! #1008874
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Very nice, keep spinning!

    in reply to: CDJ Set up – need some help #1008873
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I would think the SC3900s are surely up to the quality of Pios. I did not have the opportunity to get them for a first hand try sadly, as my local store won’t stock them… quote store owner: “I know they are good, but most buy pioneers anyways.”

    in reply to: fitting in to a differ style dj world #1008872
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    it depends. first I would check if I am actually into that style.
    If you cannot find anything that attracts you to a style or genre, then you will not like DJing it and you will not be as good as you can, as good DJing requires passion.
    If you find that you actually like the style you chose, then simply start listening to some mixes on mixcloud, mixtrack, youtube,… wherever you can find them, to get into that genre. You prolly need only about double as many tunes as your DJ set, so actually not a big deal to build up that many tunes.
    Be patient.

    Alternatively you can stay in your current style. There always is a scene, even if it may be smaller, maybe you can even find a Niche that not many DJs cater to in your town. Like I am doing some Hip Hop parties now and hip hop is not really well received in my town, but there is a small scene and they love me for doing that “one” hip hop night they can go to.

    So do not think about it like it is doors closing, you actually have a lot of options, be glad about it and choose with your feeling.

    in reply to: Have you mapped your controllers? #1008845
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well I generally start off with the best mapping I find and then tune it if the need arises.
    So basically I am currently using the standards VDJ mapping for my TM4, but I have remapped the hotcues to function like in Serato.

    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    By all means go for it and prove them wrong. It is not the tools that matter it is the music that matters.

    in reply to: Twitch vs Terminal Mix 2 #1008843
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    You made a fine choice, do not let anyone mock you. The TM2 is a really good controller.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,206 through 5,220 (of 5,632 total)