Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 5,161 through 5,175 (of 5,632 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Terry_42
    Keymaster

    For mainstream DJ City is a pool with nice versions of each song. zipDJ has the largest selection of songs I have seen and also dive in genres that many mainstream pools are missing, such as latin, spanish, italo, ibiza house,…. but you have to dig deep to get them as their search function is not the most intuitive (at least for me).
    I am not the total fan of X-mix, they tend to “overdo” it sometimes and the original is sometimes barely recognizable and at least my crowds do not like that.
    However currently I do a lot of “cutting” songs up myself, I try to get the single with the instrumental and acapella versions and cut them they way I like and mix them together.

    in reply to: PM Love with greetings… #1009398
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Welcome to the forums 🙂
    Finally another member with a huge LP collection, although I have to say mine is largely collecting dust in my basement…
    If you are thinking about new gear do not forget to check out our free guides and our large selection of video tests of the latest equipment. They can be really helpful. Hope to hear more from you soon 😉

    in reply to: Eric from Singapore #1009397
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Welcome to the forums! You can never be to old to express your love for music 😉 I wish you a happy ride towards becoming a DJ!

    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    The simple answer is: You don’t.
    This is not a PA subwoofer it is for home use, if you use it with a PA you prolly blow it away in no time.

    in reply to: #1009304
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well if you only have unbalanced outputs (RCA) then a DI box can help. If your cable length is really short (below 2m) you can also get away with using a simple RCA to XLR adapter plug.

    Most controllers that are a step up from the mixtrack pro have at least TRS outputs, you can always connect those with a TRS to XLR cable, since both are balanced and have basically the same quality.
    If you want to look at some controllers and know their features I recommend our free controller guide, that you can find here:
    http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/12/dj-midi-controllers-buyers-guide-2012/

    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Extremely good writeup, thanks for sharing and congratulations, I guess you cannot do any better on your first gig.

    in reply to: Gym, Tan, Money: Inside Pauly D's $11 Million Payday #1009268
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    German producer Dieter Bohlen said it once pretty good:
    People, these are TV formats. They are reality shows, some of them called “casting shows”, but nobody in the music industry gives a penny if they are actually successful. Honestly most in the music industry do not even care if these amateurs are still alive after the last show closes. This is not about music, it is not about music it is about people turning on the TV and choosing that station.

    While some parts may be exaggerated and it does not make Bohlen someone you would like, it is pretty close to the truth.

    in reply to: anyone with a i3? #1009267
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hmm I did not hear that. I have an i5 in my laptop and i7 in my iMac and both run Serato, VDJ and Traktor fine.

    in reply to: I've cracked it #1009248
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Very nice work! Beats me why reloop themselves did not do a mapping. Kind of a letdown I have to say.

    in reply to: Is the Allen & Heath Xone DX still worth buying? #1009247
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Taking your time is always good, factor also in what software you want to use and then make a choice.

    in reply to: Have you mapped your controllers? #1009246
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    If I press it it changes on screen and on the controller.

    in reply to: The next generation #25214
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    very cool, also a good way to get youngsters to “play around with music”.

    in reply to: Poor quality MP3,s should be re-fundable. #1009245
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Yes I think that was that album… it was over compressed realy bad hissing… tin can passages. Some parts sounded like a 64k mp3.

    in reply to: #1009203
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I had no problems so far, but I will send Phil an Email to check it out. Thanks for the feedback guys!

    in reply to: Touch OSC or Midi Touch for iPhone? #1009202
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well I have only used TouchOSC, so no idea about Midi Touch.
    However I am really satisfied with TouchOSC. Works well, easy to do layouts (pro version) and very stable.
    It is in no way a replacement for a real controller, but I map some F/X and one shots on the iPad to spice things up and have a range for dancefloor djing stunts hehe

Viewing 15 posts - 5,161 through 5,175 (of 5,632 total)