Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 5,146 through 5,160 (of 5,632 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: buying my first speakers #1009471
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    In the price range and quality class of the EVs you cannot go wrong. The EVs are really well defined even if you want to have a jazz band play through them and still can hold up to the punch of hard hitting Industrial.
    In that price range the hardest competition is prolly the nearly same looking line of HK audios. But the difference mostly comes up to personal preference.
    A relatively new player on the market is Line6 with their “digital speaker system”. It looks good in theory, however I had no chance to test those yet, so I would not recommend them at this time. But if you can get to test them, maybe they suit you.

    in reply to: hey hey #1009470
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Welcome to the forums! Enjoy and share your experiences.

    in reply to: Attention all licensed Virtual DJ Pro users… #1009463
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    The beatmix comes with a perfect mapping for the included VDJ LE.
    VDJ Pro comes with a license to download the mappers and mappings.
    So there really is no reason for anyone to do this, as you can do it yourself if you have a legal copy of the software.

    in reply to: Need help with getting soundcard to work with Traktor #1009462
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    The Soundblaster is not made to split the sound. So basically as far as I can tell from the specs of the soundblaster this is simply not possible.

    in reply to: the pioneer XDJ-AERO #1009461
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Clearly says on the Pioneer webpage:
    Traktor MIDI mapping available.
    HID availably for VDJ Pro.

    So if you want the tightness of HID it is currently only offered for VDJ.

    in reply to: Scratching on deck a, deck b gets stuck?? #1009460
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    hmm sorry no idea then. I never had Traktor do anything like this to me.

    in reply to: DJs should bring back the danger (Z-Trip) #1009459
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Very good writeup.

    I think it largely depends on your setting.
    If I DJ a wedding I am not taking risks. I play what I know will work or what they want to hear and can go a full evening with only doing basic blend DJing and moderating the event.
    Nearly the same goes for my “chillout” sessions on sundays or “after business” chills. I play deep house, italo house or balearic then (some latino or raggea might catch in) but keep it basically smooth and do not juggle much.

    If I play a club or party/rave event, then I go all out and take major risks. I know I can recover if I clean the dancefloor, so I have no trouble doing fun stuff.

    The thing however is, all of the above are not easy things to do. Just because you take more risks and do more complicated mixing techniques does not mean it is actually harder (when you mastered the technique itself). It is just different things you watch out for.

    in reply to: Need advice for beginner dj #1009457
    Terry_42
    Keymaster
    in reply to: How much should I care about PROs? #1009456
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I do not have to pay anything to write “all rights reserved” under my soundcloud posting.
    And I also do not have to pay anything for the law to protect me.
    The only thing PROs do is collect the money for you, for a hefty price and possibly (in theory only) you may get some return even if you do not know where your music is used.

    I think if you are interested you should buy one of the many books published on the subject.

    in reply to: PM Love with greetings… #1009455
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    No problemo you can find the full review on the VCI 400 here:
    http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/11/review-video-vestax-vci-400-dj-midi-audio-controller/

    It is a really good unit. With the new firmware you can also use it as a standalone mixer, which was not possible at the time of the review.

    in reply to: Scratching on deck a, deck b gets stuck?? #1009405
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Have you checked your CPU meter? Or maybe the harddisk has a problem?

    in reply to: #1009404
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Mixtrack Pro, Reloop Beatmix are decent entry controllers.
    I agree do not even think about things like remix decks, before you can mix totally standard things on 2 decks.

    in reply to: #1009403
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    If you want to go the Traktor route maybe think about the Reloop Jockey 3. As there is no inhouse mixer the Jockey has also stand alone mixing functionality that is a real plus in such environments. Also since the latest firmware upgrade by Reloop the jogs integration in Traktor is now finally really nice and the mapping is excellent.
    Also you can later pimp the setup with additional controller units (like F1) at any time.

    in reply to: American DJ VMS4 Traktor Edition #1009402
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well I have only seen it from afar and a video test, as far as I can tell the Traktor Version is the same as most LE versions of traktor, but with a very good mapping. Pretty much the same version as the Reloop Jockey 3 has, which is decent but not the Pro version.

    in reply to: How much should I care about PROs? #1009400
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    If you go creative commons anyone can use your track to make profit.
    Example: I make a movie include your track, put it on the soundtrack, said soundtrack sells 2 million copies -> I will get the money, you will see no money whatsoever.

    But then again just read the creative commons license and you will know more…. it is a long read but worthwhile.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,146 through 5,160 (of 5,632 total)