Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 5,176 through 5,190 (of 5,632 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Poor quality MP3,s should be re-fundable. #1009201
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Yes this is sad, but you cannot go around it and the seller usually is not responsible.
    For instance I DJed a wedding few weeks back, and the couple would have liked some rock/metallica songs in the mix. So they hooked me up with an iTunes voucher to buy the record, which I did. It sounded terrible and I contacted CS of Apple and they told me they did not master it. So I went out and bought the CD just because at weddings everything should be perfect… put it into my CDJ and -> CRAP. Seems like even a high profile band like metallica can produce utterly bad sounding CDs and nobody worries…. well not my usual genre anyways, but hey…

    in reply to: Please HELP:) #1009200
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hi and welcome to the forums!

    Well there are some artists that do DJ intros that you can send an mp3 how you pronounce it.
    Should be easy to google.

    in reply to: Ear Fatigue-No Breaks In Pop Songs #1009160
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    wow thanks for sharing this. I knew about the loudness, but that there is such a huge difference in density of the sound… I did not imagine before this article. thanks again.

    in reply to: Copyrights #1009158
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Have a contract for your gig (google one that suits your region/country).
    Put in the contract that the venue owner is responsible for all fees regarding copyrights, music performance etc. (here in Europe we have performance rights organisations, that want money for playing music live, no matter if it is a party (except small parties that are invitation only or from a charity) or a large club. They will collect this money and then give it to the holders of the copyrights.
    Usually this is done by the venue owners by default, so nobody has to worry, but I have it in my contract nonetheless as it can be a pain if the fee is not paid…

    in reply to: Do you read the crowd or prepare a complete set? #1009157
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I prepare a set not like: I play these songs in exactly that order.
    What I do prepare is a set crate/playlist that contains aprox. double the songs that I would need for the time I have.
    I order that playlist by my “energy rating” and secondly “popularity” and try to have an even spread throughout the “camelot scale”. However I take all of this only as pointers and do not follow it as a religion.
    When I am mixing I have a general idea of the order I want, read the crowd and adjust accordingly.
    If things really go bad, like you wipe the complete dancefloor etc. I have 2 “recovery” playlists that I have labled “>genre> chartbreaker” which I absolutely know will fill any dancefloor and make people go “yeah baby”. I use those only under extreme conditions 😉

    in reply to: Whats Up All! #1009112
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Very nice, I took a note of your email and be sure to give you a holler before I get to Arizona.

    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Facebook does differentiate between “natural persons” and “page personas”. You can switch between both by clicking on the right top drop down (beside your name) and selecting the persona (aka I would click “use as Terry 42” when I want to imperonate my DJ persona). As a persona / page owner you cannot like other “natural persons” on facebook, only sites or comments. (You can try by liking me see link in my signature)

    The 30 likes will enable you to be more visible. More people get updates and more people get “you might like XXX” and you get a weekly newsletter with your statistics.

    Yes get a personal account because as a “natural person” you can do other things too.

    Yes you can use custom images so called “title images” and you can post in your history specific things that define your style, persona or whatever.

    I am no facebook pro, but I hope that answered some questions.

    in reply to: Using the SCS.4DJ #1009110
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Thanks for sharing.

    in reply to: best type of setup for a beginner; electronica music #1009087
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    If you want to get into producing and play this “live” like etc. most DJs that do dubstep like this that I know go for Ableton Live/Studio and pad controllers.
    Before you buy anything I would suggest to get demo versions of DJ and production software (there is a 30 day trial for Ableton and Traktor, you can try VDJ Home etc.) and make up my mind about the workflow and software that I want and then decide what controller(s) I need.

    in reply to: Denon Advice #1009086
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    You are totally right Oddity, I just like people to know all their options.
    The jogs on the 6000 (I did not try the 3000) are quite OK, but I like the feel of bigger jogs that also have more “turn around” (do not know if that is clear what I mean by that). But that is personal choice.
    The 6k is an excellent unit still, but as I said some things feel more cramped than on other things. But this can also be an advantage as the unit is still quite portable and has one of the best build qualities around.

    in reply to: Club Night Ideas Anyone ? #1009074
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Try some crossover songs (aka crossover into other genre, but still house) that people would not expect.

    in reply to: Problem with friend about sharing music #1009068
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I would never share tunes with someone pirating music.

    in reply to: I'M VDJ PRO mapping hopeless! #1009061
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I am a wizard and hence I was able to restore the thread here:
    http://www.digitaldjtips.com/forum/threads/vdj-mapping-help.4939/

    in reply to: I'M VDJ PRO mapping hopeless! #1009059
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Sorry if that was me. The same thread was posted 4 times and it seems I accidently deleted the one with the answer.
    Thanks for reposting it synthet1c!

    in reply to: VDJ mapping?! HELP!!! #1009051
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well there is no really fast way for this.
    Now reloop has promised a mapping for VDJ soon(TM), so one possibility is head over to the reloop site at:
    http://www.reloop.com
    Log on to their support forum and ask for that mapping.

    If you want to map yourself, you first need to read and really understand this:
    http://www.virtualdj.com/wiki/VDJscript
    If you are a registered user of VDJ Pro you can also log into the download section and forums and ask for help there. Usually the guys at the VDJ site are really helpful and nice and there are tools that only VDJ Pro users can download (and for example solve any jogwheel issues).

Viewing 15 posts - 5,176 through 5,190 (of 5,632 total)