Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 5,101 through 5,115 (of 5,632 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I recommend this video:

    [media=youtube]DTCnJJDQ0Pc[/media]

    then you prolly know what you want.

    in reply to: Wich mixer should i get (beginner) #1009685
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Indeed, what Hee said. If you feel like upgrading in the future, you can switch to CDJs at any time, but then you know which ones to get, as you know what you expect from them (as you already learned the basics).

    in reply to: Help with a new laptop #1009684
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I agree. Now I am a Mac User, but just for reference towards “power needed”. I DJ most of the time on a 15” MacBook Pro with a 2.2 GHz Core2Duo from I think 2008… So I guess the same is OK with Windows. You do not need a top of the line machine.
    Some of my buddies do great with their Dell’s as they seem to have a pretty good warranty package with pickup service, that I would recommend. You earn money with that thing, so buy at least 3 years warranty with pickup service.

    in reply to: "Hello World!" #1009683
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hello and welcome to digitaldjtips.com 🙂 Quite a nice story you have there. I also “retired” into the IT business (but I do marketing for an IT company).
    However you English is absolutely fine, don’t worry.

    in reply to: Wich mixer should i get (beginner) #1009649
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    You can learn the basics on a DJ controller.
    There is nothing a CDJ will offer you more (especially cheap ones).
    Rather invest in a good DJ course, if you are on a low budget we have a free course on this site and if you want it all go for the fast lane course: http://djtips.co/fast-info
    Shows you everything you need to know and all you need is:
    – A laptop or computer (Windows or Mac)
    – A DJ controller (which can be cheap like the mixtrak pro or reloop beatmix)
    – A pair of DJ headphones (like Zomo HD-1200 or Reloop RH-10)
    – Some sort of speakers (cheap M-Audio AV 40s will do)

    If you already have a laptop you can get away with a lot less than a single CDJ will cost you for all that in new gear.

    in reply to: serato and pioneer help asap!! #1009643
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    First of all: You got the wrong software. To make that work you need Serato Scratch Live.
    Then you hook up your laptop to the rane via USB insert the timecode CDs and go from there.
    I strongly advise to read the SSL manual and prepare crates beforehand.

    in reply to: Dj Controllers for Radio shows?? #1009642
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    VDJ can broadcast most formats on its own. You just have to configure the broadcast server. However you need the Pro version to do it via a controller.

    in reply to: What's Fair for Friends' Hire Fees? #1009640
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well that depends what your current rate is.
    At my rates for friends 10% off and if it is my bestes of best mates then 20% off.

    in reply to: PM Love with greetings… #1009639
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    You are right, the 400 is a tricky tool that only comes into full blooming if you customize the mapping etc.

    Software is another thing I was also deciding for along time which way to go… not easy. I really like the easy way of Serato but I had no controller appealing to me, so I went for the Terminal Mix 4 with VDJ and am quite satisfied. It is not very complicated, but has all the stuff I need in a good package and since I too come form turntables I love the big jogwheels.

    in reply to: Dj Controllers for Radio shows?? #1009621
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well the Beatmix definitely can get the job done.
    I use the Reloop Terminal Mix with VDJ Pro and it works fine.
    However I think you need the VDJ Pro Version to broadcast directly from VDJ. In my case it works fine.

    in reply to: Newbie Gear… #1009620
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    It does make sense, however it is not easy to answer.
    If you are satisfied with Djay and want to stay on that software the Spin is definitely the thing to look at, as it has very tight integration. If you think about expanding to something else, then maybe it will not be.
    Check out our free controller guide for a few pointers here: http://www.digitaldjtips.com/2011/12/dj-midi-controllers-buyers-guide-2012/

    in reply to: Advice needed #1009614
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well usually the controller company can give you a download. If you lost the license key too, well that is really bad.
    Then you prolly need to buy a software or go with something free (if for e.g. Serato Intro is supported on your controller, you can download that).

    in reply to: Mixed in Key 5.0 (is it worth the money 4 beginner dj's) #1009613
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I was already DJing for 6 years before I started to take harmony classes (we had no mixed in key back then) and started to add some harmonic mixing.
    I was not doing badly at all the 6 years before that.
    Do I use mixed in key now? Yes I do, but I do not follow it as a religion. If I can I mix harmonically, but if I want a specific song for its energy or smth else, I do not care if it is in the correct harmony.

    in reply to: #1009612
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Zomo HD-1200

    in reply to: Standalone Laptop and Controller Stand #1009611
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Just use a keyboard stand, put a flightcase on it to make it a table. You can outfit the flightcase with rubber pads from home depot to make it “non slip”, so it wont fly off the stand.
    If you want a “booth” around that stand, just go to youtube and search for “selfmade dj booth” and you will see a lot of suggestions.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,101 through 5,115 (of 5,632 total)