Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 5,086 through 5,100 (of 5,632 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Please help me choose a controller #1009763
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    The TM4 has dedicated F/X buttons in Traktor… 4 to be exact. Just look at the mappings….

    However if Traktor if your choice and you want a highend Traktor controller then I would check out the 4Trak as it is the best traditional design Traktor controller out there at the moment and also has nice jogs.
    However for weddings I would not be as concerned, as usually until the “late night party” time you wont do much highend mixing as you have to play commercial Top40 anyways, unless you have a wedding of hardcore techno/house fans. So you might easily get away with the cheaper controller like the TM4, Jockey 3 ME or S2/S4.

    in reply to: Last night's gig #1009762
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    That is why I like clubs where the booth is not easily accessible…

    in reply to: Hello D.J.'s #1009761
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Welcome to the forums. More and more DJ Dad’s these days 😉

    in reply to: Awesome Traktor Remix Set Website #1009751
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Glad you made it to our site!

    in reply to: Can anyone reccomend a software to create samples? #1009750
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well I have a Mac and it comes free with GarageBand, so that is easy to use. I upgraded to Logic, but you can do A LOT with GarageBand already.

    in reply to: Wich mixer should i get (beginner) #1009749
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Good advise from Hee, those controllers are all excellent and cater a traditional workflow aswell as controllerism to a degree. We have reviews of all those, so check out our review section on the main site and make up your mind what would suit you best.

    in reply to: Newbie #1009748
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Read our blog, get our guides, watch our videos 🙂 -> Explore the site and welcome to the community.

    in reply to: PM Love with greetings… #1009747
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Haha yes that is the spirit 🙂

    in reply to: DJ Mixer for new dj Kid 13 yrs old #1009746
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Welcome to the forums… if the S2 fits your style go for it.

    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Welcome to the forums and as we radio operators say: Vy 73 de Terry 42

    in reply to: #25733
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I really dislike the RedWaves as I do not get enough “punch” from them. But some people swear by them, so it is also personal preference. However the Test in Beat Magazine also gave the Zomo the best ranking below 100 bucks.
    I think you can easily order the Zomo via this link also from the UK:
    http://www.zomo.de/de/Produkte/Kopfhoerer/Zomo-Kopfhoerer-HD-1200.html?XTCsid=a9d032573c7b23d219014000cd33ea4f

    in reply to: Wich mixer should i get (beginner) #25730
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    If you want to learn it the traditional way and leave the door open towards CDJs I would get a more traditional controller.

    in reply to: Are VU meters critical to have on a controller? #1009700
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    While I like channel VUs I also do not have them on my controller. I really do not need master VU at all as the PA has them anyways and I can hear clipping with my own 2 ears 😉
    However like synthet1c said I have no problem with the VUs in VDJ.

    in reply to: Please explain mapping #1009688
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    mapping it the expression of programming the link of what you hit/spin etc. on your controller and what it does in your DJ software. Aka when I press this button I want it to engage F/X 1 etc.
    It is done differently in most DJ software and you would have to refer to the softwares manual to get it done.

    in reply to: Awesome Traktor Remix Set Website #1009687
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    nice find. thanks steelo!

Viewing 15 posts - 5,086 through 5,100 (of 5,632 total)