Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 5,116 through 5,130 (of 5,632 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Best controller under $350 #1009610
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I would say the beatmix.

    in reply to: Unhapply Playing Gigs I Don't Want #1009609
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Now I hope this does not come around too hard but: If you do not ask money for it, it is not worth anything and this is how you get treated.
    Never ever play for free. This has nothing to do with promoting yourself.
    If you had a restaurant, would you come to my new years party with 50 people and cook for free to promote your restaurant? (If you do please call me)

    I ask for money if I play. I tell the managers/owners/whoever upfront what I am going to play. If they do not feel about it, then well I pass. If it is the first time in their club, well a discount is OK, but I clearly state on my contract that it is for e.g. a ONE TIME 20% discount.

    Of course weddings are different. There I play whatever they ask me to play. But I also prepare this in the talk beforehand and there are borders I will not cross, I rather pass on the gig.

    in reply to: Last night's gig #1009608
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Stay polite. But I NEVER take requests in clubs. (Weddings are a totally different story.)
    However even if at a wedding NOBODY will touch my laptop and browse or things like that.
    Todd’s replys are pretty much what comes to mind.
    Also never fall for the “play this song or I go home”…. well go home then.
    “If you play this song, everybody will dance!” …. the floor is packed already so what is your point?
    “Can I humm the song to you?” …. no that is what SoundHog is for, if you do not have a smartphone with it…. get one.
    “You know that one song that you know…” … well obviously I do not know and do not care.
    ….. we heard them all. Try to be as polite as you can, but apart from that be consequent on do not give in.

    in reply to: Complete noob needs advice!! #25626
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Thanks, I am thinking about a “controller FAQ” …

    in reply to: Best controller under $350 #1009583
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Thanks synthetic…. I have merged all his threads into this one.

    in reply to: Best controller under $350 #1009582
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    They are really 2 very different controllers. I would head to the reloop website and look which of the controllers layout looks better to you. Both will get the job done.

    in reply to: Standalone Laptop and Controller Stand #1009581
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    There is the Magma Controller and Laptop Stand, which is pretty decent.
    Then there are several flight cases for 70-150 bucks, just look at any of the dj stores they have a great selection.

    I only put my controller on the booth desk and have a Crane Stand Pro for my laptop.

    in reply to: Best controller under $350 #1009580
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    That depends what you expect and want.

    in reply to: Sounds great in the club, crap after the download . . . #1009579
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I had this loads of times. This is why I only put stuff on my wishlist, listen to the preview a week later (iTunes new 1:30 previews really help) and then decide… or if I got it from my pool, then I just delete it if it is bad…

    in reply to: How much should I care about PROs? #1009578
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    You cannot say this in general. Things have changed, the music industry was a piece of crap even in the early years. Just read up on Tom Petty and his lawsuits to improve conditions for musicians.
    The problem with music and industry is, that an artist want’s to create something, earn a living from it but most of all touch others with their art. Then there is the industry, their sole purpose is to make money for investors who have no interest in the art, they want to exploit that industry as best they can.

    Now some things in my above text maybe over the top for some part, it is written to stress 2 extremes.

    in reply to: How to get Promo Music to Give Away? #1009553
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Yes. I have done it loads of times… just write an email to the labels in questions, especially smaller labels will always try to help you out to promote their music.

    in reply to: Need help with getting soundcard to work with Traktor #25565
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    however it is the solution… sorry if it is not what you hoped for.

    in reply to: Gemini cdj-700 HID/MIDI mode in Virtual dj #1009552
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    You should check out the VDJ support forum or open a ticket with your VDJ support number.

    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well it is one more thing that can fail in the chain. I only do it, bc I use several mics when I am mobile sometimes and additional sound equipment that I need the mixer for. If you have no need for that the phantom adapter will do.

    in reply to: Best controller under $350 #1009549
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    There is no best.

Viewing 15 posts - 5,116 through 5,130 (of 5,632 total)