Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 5,632 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: DJ's and Drinking. #2333141
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    No I do not drink, only water for me (during the gig), after I am done having a drink to wind down is OK for me.

    in reply to: Spotify Djing #2333131
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Simply said: No.
    WHen you play spotify in public you are breaking the End User Agreement with Spotify and probably the law of your country. So it is illegal to do this.
    The function for example in djay that lets you DJ with spotify is only meant for home training purpose (you by yourself).

    in reply to: Question about a certain setup #2333121
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    First: Yes this is possible.

    However: This is a very advanced setup. To pull this off you would have to know A LOT about Traktor AND Ableton to make it work. Which by asking this question you clearly do not. So I would strongly advise against this setup for you as a beginner.

    If you want to go down that road I would recommend starting with a beginner Traktor controller and work it from there.

    in reply to: question about speakers #2333101
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I am sorry 2 times:
    The soundbar is totally unusable for that purpose.
    There are no speaker for 250 that are worth using for that purpose.

    in reply to: xdj r1 not working, glitching out #2333091
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hi, I am sorry we are not the Pioneer support forum and Pioneer is not giving us access to gear or info, so you will have to make a support call with Pioneer directly.

    in reply to: Controller AND CDJ's #2333081
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Todd I have about 12-13k CDs. You bring them (with a huge truck) to a conversion company, they charge you a fee, which is reasonable and you have it digital on a HD. Or you convert them yourself on demand. It is too many songs anyways, 99% of those CDs I will never play again as there is too much new music and the few I play I can convert easily before the gig rather than carry a CD case to the gig, which I am glad I will never EVER have to do again.

    in reply to: Laptop Specs for DJ #2333051
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Their coders are not bad, they just do not care about it. It is much more efficient and since 2/3rd of their market is using Macs and Intel it is what they back.

    in reply to: Hello – Sitting, researching and waiting #2333041
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Welcome to the forums!

    I am sorry to say: It will not be happening. Laptop DJing is the future and I cannot see anything on the horizon from NI in that direction, also talking to them, they seem to focus even more on the laptop side and things like combining Maschine with Traktor and Stems.

    It is still unclear if stems really will pick up. We will see in a few years if it is a concept that is staying. I would say at least one other major DJ software player would have to pick it up.

    in reply to: Hello everyone! #2333031
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hi and welcome! Very nice story, thanks for sharing. I think you found the right place. If you have any questions just ask in the appropriate forum section.

    in reply to: Controller AND CDJ's #2332331
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Actually I refused a pair of NXS 😛 and I would have gotten them for free. I simply do not limit myself by gear and outdated gear is limiting your creative freedom ON PURPOSE. Which is a concept I cannot wrap my head around. But then I started on vinyl over 20 years ago and it is unbeleavable how the landscape has changed and what I can pull of live now compared to then…

    in reply to: Laptop Specs for DJ #2332321
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Not only Serato, Traktor has severe problems too with some chipsets. You can be lucky or not…

    in reply to: Question regarding Audio Files #2332311
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    This thread is closed as we do not support pirated music!!!
    Buy your music in a good online store iTunes, Beatport, Amazon,… in high quality or buy CDs!

    in reply to: Hello I'm a french dj #2332301
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hey and welcome!

    in reply to: Denon DS1 + El Capitan + Serato DJ = not working #2331181
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Indeed, so far I only heard good things about the DS1 and El Capitan. So it might be a specific model problem that they need to patch. Serato is usually really good with their support tickets. Best of luck to you.

    in reply to: Controller AND CDJ's #2331161
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    What Vintage said, why people think CDJs are still relavant is beyond me…

Viewing 15 posts - 616 through 630 (of 5,632 total)