Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 5,632 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Please help – DJM 900 SRT x Rekord Box playlist #2340131
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Just take your controller to the club.

    in reply to: Hello #2338751
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hey and welcome!
    On music, just keep an open mind and try to listen to as much music as you can 😉 It is passion that drives us DJs.

    in reply to: Question about a certain setup #2338611
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Nice, I hope it all works out for you. Let us know how it goes after you took the first steps.

    in reply to: Hello! #2338041
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hi

    in reply to: Hi from Italy #2338031
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Ciao! Benvenuti nel pazzo! hehe

    in reply to: New CDJS & Mixer #2337091
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    This is the oldest thing in any industry. When tube-TV died they made the fanciest tube-TVs you had ever seen, so you would once more buy into the old technology just so you could buy your flatscreen one year later…
    The whole point of this is to make it seem viable at least a bit, then they will have some highlisters endorse them, expect some cool vidoes of the likes of Tiesto, Ghetta, van Buren, … have them on stage while performing a pre-recorded mix.
    This way a lot of people will think it is still relevant and “pro DJs use it”. -> Sales.
    A few clubs that still have Pioneer sales people directly at their doorstep will fall for it and upgrade their gear, as those sales people know not to ask the club technician, but go to the manager directly who has no clue and thinks he needs it.

    So will this sell -> Yes it will. You can milk this cow for at least another 5 years is my guess and it makes perfect business sense for them to do it.

    Am I tempted? -> Not one bit. It is still a very limiting piece of hardware for an astronomic price point.

    in reply to: DJ Name Shoutouts #2336141
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I totally agree with Todd and I use various drops.
    I recommend:
    musicradiocreative.com
    Their prices are reasonable, their voice talents are very professional and follow directions to the letter and their F/X and sound department is top notch. So far I am very satisfied with their results.

    in reply to: DJ's and Drinking. #2336131
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Haha that is true 🙂

    in reply to: Hello from a baby (figuratively) #2336091
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hey and welcome to our forums!

    Well first I would recommend not uploading to youtube, this will get you in trouble for copyright infringement especially in Canada. So get a mixcloud.com account and upload there, where it is perfectly legal.

    As with the rest just keep spinning and if questions arise ask away 🙂

    in reply to: Question about a certain setup #2336071
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    It is not impossible at all. But there is a much steeper learning curve than with a traditional approach and I wanted you to think it over, as their are a lot more setbacks on the way than with the traditional way.
    But if your mind is set on it and you do not get frustrated by setbacks easily, then it can be a fun way to do things.
    Just be sure that is whant you want to do, as even though you can do certain things with this kind of DJing that is harder the traditional way (it is not impossible since Serato Flip or Stems, just harder) it is that when DJing with Ableton there are a lot of traditional DJ things that you cannot do at all with your way and prolly never will be able to do.

    in reply to: Question about a certain setup #2335141
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    As a sound card: yes
    As a midi controller: technically yes, but you would have to program the mapping yourself. Ableton programming skills are needed and in my opinion for Ableton you need A LOT of buttons more.
    DJing in Ableton is different from anything else, as it is not deck based as traditional DJing is, it is shot based.
    So preparation time is HUGE. I have done it and you could say that if you prepare a 2 hour set you need at least 8-12 hours of preparation time to slice the tracks, set them to shot slots etc.
    So if you have no experience in DAW or do not know what this means, then you will have zero chance to pull this off.

    For a beginner I would always recommend to learn DJing from the ground up with a traditional DJ software. Learn what is going on and then move towards more complex setups, when you know what you are doing.

    in reply to: DJ's and Drinking. #2335131
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Actually Todd there is the “secret bottle” trick.
    I always ask the bartender for an empty bottle of vodka and tequilla. In the vodka bottle I fill it with tonic water, that I shaked until all the sparkles went out, so it is a clear liquid that tastes not that good -> vodka, so your reaction will be the same. With the tequilla bottle I do the same with ginger ale, when the sparkles are gone the ginger ale looks exactly like brown tequilla.
    Then I tell the bartender when I get a drink from someone to pur my shots only from those 2 bottles.
    Best trick in the world. The bar is happy, the waiter gets a tip and the customer is happy as I did not say no.

    in reply to: Bad Performance while performing #2335121
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Like Vintage said, have a Plan B.
    For example in a club/bar environment I always have a playlist named “Plan B”. This playlist is the most commercial entertaining mainstream dance garbage I can find, but I am 100% sure the girls will dance to. I have all songs in that playlist setup that I can push hotcue 1 and mix-in, push hotcue 2 and mix out and I know them so well that beatmatching is a non-issue. I can mix all that songs in my sleep without ever listening to a monitor or headphone.
    If things go south I switch to that playlist and it always works.

    in reply to: Do I really Need A Website? #2335111
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Several people have done no more websites. They still have their own domain (like terry-42.com) but it links to the Facebook page. The success depends on what you want to do with it…

    in reply to: Hello – Sitting, researching and waiting #2333151
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    The thing is: Waiting is actually against you in this case. The laptops might get smaller and lighter, but they are here to stay (or will become tablets or whatever).

Viewing 15 posts - 601 through 615 (of 5,632 total)