Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 5,632 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Replacing my Numark N4, whats best #2363411
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Indeed, tell us what you are looking for in the new controller, besides 1 CD player…

    in reply to: Legalities of DJing #2363391
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Yes you have to pay for your music, no matter what. Be it not being payed or even charity events… the music has to be payed for.

    in reply to: Dislocated Shoulder #2362771
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well the dislocation itself is never the problem when the arm is popped back in properly. The problem is the muscles and other stuff around the muscle that may or may not have taken damage.
    I had buddies recover as fast as 2 weeks, as all they had was “stressed” muscles and I had friends recover 6 months due to torn stuff… So your mileage may vary greatly with the ammount of damaged that dislocation did to you.

    in reply to: Audio issues #2362761
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well Serato usually detects the Controller automatically and routes the audio accordingly.
    If the speakers you rented worked and the ones you bought do not, I would rather say there is a speaker problem.
    Maybe you used the wrong inputs on the powered speakers or they have a switch to decide which input you are using…

    in reply to: No CDJ's and No Friends! #2362751
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    1.
    You are OK. There might be some looks here and then, but most clubs accept the way you DJ today. Especially in very open environments like Chicago. Most big clubs in Chicago even encourage bringing your own gear and only have CDJs as backup.

    2.
    Get friends and search the blog on this website for promotion tips from D-Jam. He has great articles on the matter.

    3.
    That is the one thing we cannot help you with. If you are on a schedule work wise… that is your schedule.

    in reply to: DDJ RX with Rekordbox (recording problems) #2362401
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I am sorry since Pioneer is not giving us any hardware to test stuff on, I can only comment on the software and with software alone it works for me.
    So you will need to raise a ticket with Pioneer support.

    in reply to: Bobby Key (PhenomBK #2362361
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hey and welcome!

    in reply to: I'm just a Newbie at DJing Digitally #2362351
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hey Eddie, welcome and thanks for all the flowers 🙂

    in reply to: DENON dj mcx8000 vs PIONEER xdj-rx #2361331
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Well we never know what will materialize, what I am stating is sales rep talk… so the end product may vary from that hehe

    in reply to: Are CDJ's overrated and overpriced #2361321
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    That will never happen. Pioneer is well aware that CDJs are a dying breed.
    They do only as much as the must do, to milk the cow until it is dead.
    Their main focus is on making new controllers and Rekordbox DJ better to keep up with the industry or again surpass it in this area, to be fit for the future of DJ booths.

    in reply to: Are CDJ's overrated and overpriced #2360901
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Indeed Todd, screens in controllers are also overrated…

    in reply to: New to Digital, need Serato help #2360881
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Thank you deathy, yes indeed.
    Yes the first post did violate the NO CAPS in titles rule. I thought it was obvious, as when I post the link to the guidelines I tend to think people will at least then read them and by reading them know what they did wrong 🙂 Also I think it was obvious I changed the topic title in my edit…

    And you are also spot on. We are not paid, we do not get anything for helping people here. I think people are profiting a lot from us, as the mods (Vintage and I) have a lot of DJing knowledge, since we do this job for ages (I think combined we have more than 50 years experience) and members like deathy, Rizki and many others who also have a lot of experience.

    So yes, we are quite strict on our forum rules. This means not we are mistreating anyone, but we will enforce this rules no matter what. As the goal is to keep this the best DJ forum on the internet, where respect and same treatment for everyone is the main focus.
    I stress the word respect, as I consider it also a showing of respect (maybe I am to old, but back in the day this used to be it) when you first read 10 lines of posting guidelines before you post something.

    I also do not consider my first post disrespectful, I begin the post with “I am sorry…” and I end with “…Thanks for your understanding.”. I consider this a polite thing. If the sentence “this is your first warning” offends you, I am sorry, but I have to tell you somehow that I am watching people who break the rules.

    That being said, I think I was also helpful since I posted you will be OK when using this software, I even tested it on my laptop with SAM, since I used that software too, so my answer was validated.

    So please I would ask now to also stay on spot with rules 1 and 2.

    Thanks for your understanding and sorry for any inconvenience.

    in reply to: DENON dj mcx8000 vs PIONEER xdj-rx #2360861
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Nope Vintage:
    The new Engine Software CAN directly import all Settings from the Serato library.
    So if you set all your cuepoints, loops, crates, smartcrates and analyse the files in Serato it will seamlessly be available in the new Engine software, same goes for iTunes playlists. (At least this is what the Denon sales rep tells us…)
    Which IMHO gives you the best of both worlds.
    I can DJ with Serato nicely and if my laptop fails (which it never did) I can simply go on with the USB stick I have ready made with Engine.

    in reply to: Are CDJ's overrated and overpriced #2360851
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    The simple answer: Yes.

    in reply to: New to Digital, need Serato help #2359601
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    /mod mode ON
    I am sorry to say you have violated our posting rules.
    See the rules here:
    http://www.digitaldjtips.com/posting-guidelines/
    THIS IS YOUR FIRST WARNING
    Thanks for your understanding.

    /mod mode OFF

    Indeed what Oddity said. As long as you make sure all Sam and WinAmp processes are exited, Serato will work fine.

Viewing 15 posts - 556 through 570 (of 5,632 total)