Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 5,632 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Old hand digital DJ wants to start all over again! #2367191
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Very nice story, thanks for sharing and welcome 🙂

    in reply to: High-End Controller vs. Standalone Mixer #2366761
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    God all those gravediggers 🙂 Of course the MXC8000 looks like THE MACHINE right now, but we need to get our hands on one first…

    in reply to: Help with a question please. #2366751
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Very nice, good luck!

    in reply to: Developing DJ needs skills #2366741
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hey and welcome!
    I guess deathy said it all already 🙂

    in reply to: Favorite Radio Station #2366041
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    FG radio from france… I know it is very commercial, but I like it. The shows from AvB are awesome.

    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    The latest info is while the NXS2 does basically support the same HID/MIDI maps, that there still are issues with Traktor and that Native Instruments are looking into the matter to provide an updated version.
    The NXS2 line is still so new, that such hiccups are to be expected.
    They say the units basically work, but not all functions are available yet, maybe you can tell us more what was not working.

    in reply to: TraKtor S5 activate fx unit 3&4 #2366021
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Please check out this link:
    http://www.native-instruments.com/en/support/

    in reply to: DJ Survey #2366011
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I 100% agree with Vintage. Which is rare, very rare…

    in reply to: Help with a question please. #2366001
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    lol hehe, no thanks been there done that got the T-Shirt and 2 Masters Degrees 😛

    in reply to: Terminal Mix 4 trouble shooting #2365061
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Yes, there is a problem with the Java Updater for the Terminal Mix 4 on OS X, however there is a workaround.
    Go to reloop.com and hit the reloop support forums. There should be an article about it pinned in the Terminal Mix 4 Forum.

    in reply to: Reloop Mixtour on Linux #2365051
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Sorry we cannot support Linux. Almost no DJ uses it and of course it is not supported by reloop, so I would not count on linux drivers for the sound output. Also I doubt that all HID modes are supported by Mixxx.

    This is why most DJs use Macs or PCs where I would say 80% Macs that I see.

    in reply to: My first timecode DVS setup #2364211
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Nice one, thanks for the insight. Sounds like a decent setup. Good luck with your DVS ventures.

    in reply to: DDJ-SB2 vs MTP3 #2364201
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    We can tell you that both are excellent choices. Either one of them will get you started nicely and fulfill their roles.
    In fact they are so close in features that we would call it personal preference in which of the 2 you chose.
    So I would simply go by what company, looks of the controller and software included hits your eye better, you cannot go wrong either way.

    in reply to: Help with a question please. #2364191
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    The main skills you need as a DJ (and somewhat as a producer) is: Knowing what to play next.
    This sounds simple, but honestly is the hardest skill, as it is hard to learn. It involves such things as passion and love for music, but also abilities to read the crowd and the love to entertain people.
    Combine this with considerable knowledge about music theory (in many cases no less than a composer would need) if you want to create perfectly keyed and harmonic sets.
    Hence it is a hugely creative way of expressiing yourself.

    Why some poeple do not get this is actually 2 things:
    1. The main skill (playing the next song) can be done by anyone from a technical standpoint. The basic skills to beatmatch etc. can be learned in a week. So it looks like you are not doing much to some poeple and many musicians will diss you as you did not need years to perfect your technical skills. They overlook the parts I wrote above.
    2. There are lots of “bad” DJs, that are only in it for a quick way to make cash (which they fail in mostly) and who can easily be replaced by iTunes Genius playlists.

    These 2 things combined sometimes make people think that DJs are “worth less” than other musicians or composers. Where I have found sometimes I know more about music theory than the avarage guitar player, that most of them cannot even read music, as they use their tab system and they also only play what others wrote. So while yes they are to be congratulated to master the technical skill of playing guitar, their creative expression is sometimes less than mine as a DJ. (and I play 3 instruments, so I can relate)

    in reply to: Dislocated Shoulder #2363451
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Just take care to move it as little as you can… then it should blow over in 2-4 weeks.

Viewing 15 posts - 541 through 555 (of 5,632 total)