Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 5,632 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I only know 2 genres: Good music and bad music 😛

    in reply to: Rebuilding Vestax ? #2307441
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Yes the latest press release was that the talks with investors to pick up the brand (apparently Casio was interested) failed. Someone purchased the rest of the technical specs etc., but the company was closed.
    The sale of the brand name also failed as no DJing company wanted it, which did not surprise as Numark already has Denon as a second brand, Pioneer does not need a second brand and all others are too small to buy it.

    in reply to: Hi #2307431
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Howdy and welcome!
    Nah Vintage is in his best years! He can still party like he was 20 😛

    in reply to: The age-old Digital DJ Gear question…. But with a twist #2306751
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I totally agree.
    I have used my TM8 now for quite a while (over a year I guess). It works fine and even though I treat it nicely it has some scratches and the finish is not where I would want it.
    I got to try a friends DDJ-RZ brand new and I already see the XLR master outs are a crappy fit. Which for a 1000+ controller should be perfect, but is total plastic bull***. If I would use this controller all the time, the XLRs prolly last 6 months. Which is a shame as the rest seems to be nicely made.

    I cannot understand some decisions product makers do. Like the TM8, awesome controller, all metal and the finish is as thin as a hair… now it does not interrupt functionality but it is unexpected (well at least it is much cheaper than the DDJ…)

    in reply to: What do the "pros" practice on? #2305631
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    My 2ct:
    I play in a bar regulary – they have a PA and a small house mixer (PA mixer not DJ mixer) and nothing else. So you have to bring your own gear.

    I play in a club regulary – actually a very big one – they had a full Nexus setup until last month, when they sold the whole thing. They now still have an A&H DJ mixer and to each side of it they have a connector board so you do not need to fiddle behind the mixer. Something their house tech made, very neat. But end of story: Bring your own mixer. (They have to dated Denon CDJs for backup, but they have no real features beside a pitch fader and one cue button)

    I play on at least 2-3 festivals per year: All have moved to bring your own device, unless for superstar DJs who can order what to have on the stage (as most of the time it will be playback anyways).

    I play on a lot of events with a local sound company: They sold all their 8 Nexus setups and now only provide up to the PA mixer and cables. So basically you show up with your gear but without cables and they hook you up.

    So long story short: Within 2 years all my business associates have moved away from the classic setup. Showing up with a USB stick is no longer an option. We have some smaller clubs who still have CDJs, but they have so old gear that I would not use it if my live depended on it.

    So what do I practice on: Well as Vintage said we do not practice a lot, but what I like to do: If I bought or got a bunch of new tunes, I make a playlist and hook up my controller and have a go at them, to get the feel for the new tracks, set some cue or loops and integrate them into my sets. But I do all on the same controller that I use live or at home.
    (and I just got an email that the club that sold the Nexus actually will get a DDJ-RZ, so you can move from show up with USB to show up with MacBook)

    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Actually a better investment is some cheap carpets and bedlinen with a roll of tape, so you can declare war on some reflecting surfaces ….

    in reply to: Bar Music #2305611
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I would start out with some lounge, deep house and belearic. Then if you see that people are moving or actually dancing, you can spice it up with some more dance tunes. But do not overdo it, it is still a bar and not a dance club.

    in reply to: MacBook ambient sensor causes UI lag in Djay Pro #2305141
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Since I work in an environment that has flashy lights and my screen would go haywire anyways I had that option turned off for years. I always recommend to turn that option off (together with automatic keyboard lights, I always have them on max to see the keys).

    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I totally agree with Vintage. I have to say I am 100% that today I sound better than 20 years ago, 10 years ago or 5 years ago.

    in reply to: Advice needed choosing controller #2305121
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I would not go for the Mixage as it is a bit dated.

    in reply to: Hi From NZ #2305111
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hey and welcome!
    As Vintage set, try our course to get you on track.

    in reply to: New face in the DDJT community #2305101
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hey and welcome! Thanks for sharing your story!

    in reply to: Key Detection Software Comparison: 2015 Edition #2304211
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I call bogus on the test. I can not see any difference between Serato and MiK. However I will keep using MiK because it does other things too.

    in reply to: CDJ's or controller? #2304181
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    This case has been discussed to any lenghts…. case closed, controllers won.

    in reply to: Traktor S8 screen display #2304171
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    First I would check if all your drivers are on the latest version and that you have installed the latest version of Traktor Pro. If that all fails head over and give the Native Instruments Support a call, they guide you through the next steps.

Viewing 15 posts - 661 through 675 (of 5,632 total)