Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 5,632 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Does Recordbox dj work with cd drives? #2407131
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I do not know what you are trying, but no it does not allow for external CD drives while DJing. It is not meant to do that.
    If you want to rip CDs then use iTunes.

    in reply to: Switching DJ's with USB (CDJ's) #2407121
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Step-by-Step:
    Deck 1 is playing and has USB Stick of DJ 1
    Deck 2 is in LNK mode
    Hit USB knob on Deck 2
    Put in USB Stick of DJ 2 into Deck 2
    Deck 2 will load USB songs
    MIX from Deck 1 to Deck 2
    DJ 1 pulls his USB stick from Deck 1
    Hit the Link Button on Deck 1
    You are ready to go

    in reply to: Hi, every one ! #2406401
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Haha thanks 🙂
    Yes I have visited Tokyo and Kyoto. Really loved it. Sadly this was more than 12 years ago and did not make it back yet.

    in reply to: New To DJing #2406391
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hey and welcome!

    in reply to: Traktor sc3900 dnx600 #2405641
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Since you provided such an abundance of data for us to work with I ask also a huge question: Did you read the manual?

    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Reading through Chew’s site I have to say they use a lot of bandwith. So I doubt wireless will do. If you already have stutter in encoding, then also maybe your encoding PC is too slow also. If those 2 things add up, that might be hard to pull off.

    in reply to: Really Seth Troxler? #2405571
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I 100% agree with Vintage here. Especially with point 3.

    I also think that knowing manual beatmatching is an extremely valuable skill and I think a DJ should know how to do it blindfolded.

    However no matter if you use the sync button or did a manual match… if you do not know how to mix you will trainwreck the whole thing anyways.

    I am sorry for mature language in the following video, but I could not say it any better, so here is my friend DJ Iceman’s thoughts on the topic:
    https://youtu.be/-7O6KQzHH6s

    in reply to: Djay Pro VS. Serato #2404901
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I totally agree, there is not a real BETTER here.
    Currently it is simply the amount of features and the quality of some of the features (F/X for example) that make Serato the winner by points.
    However if you do not need any of those features or even prefer a more simple setup, or the way the iTunes integration works in Djay then it might be for you.

    I have tested Djay Pro extensively since the introduced the parallel waveforms and even played some small gigs (if you can say gig, it was basically a friends get together) with it. In a full on gig I still prefer Serato, but your mileage may vary.

    in reply to: Does Pioneer DDJ RB work as 4 deck? #2404891
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Asked a Pioneer rep, he said: No. They feel that this kind of setup failes as a 4 deck (for reasons Vintage elaborated on) and hence decided to focus to make it the best 2 deck controller they can.

    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hey and welcome!

    in reply to: Hi, every one ! #2404871
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hey and welcome!

    Watashi wa anata ga sugu ni manabu koto ga dekimasu kakushin shite imasu watashitachi wa anata no hōhō de anata o tasukemasu

    (Sorry for my bad Japanese… It has been a long time since I used it.)

    in reply to: Hi from Vitico BL in Shanghai China #2404861
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hey and welcome!

    in reply to: Are there really 'DJ monitors' on the market ?? #2403761
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    I agree on the Dave that they are great little speakers, however 2 things I noticed with them:
    The speaker does not cut it alone, so you need the sub to have accurate reproduction. However isolating the sub is significantly more difficult and you prolly have neighbours complaining if you live in an apartment (house would be OK).
    Secondly they need to be placed quite a bit farther away than my KRK or Adams to reproduce similar good sound.

    If you can accomodate that, then you can get away with using those PA speakers instead and just sacrifice a little sound coloring, which the Daves do have (but honestly so do the KRKs).

    in reply to: A DJ fee for a gig abroad (need advise) #2403751
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    In the US your fee depens largely on your market value, which by their standards means: How much people do they expect to draw in scribbling your name on a flyer.
    Since they invite you over I would guess they are confident to fill the room.

    That being said, the usual street price in the US depends of the size of the club and can be as low as 20-50 bucks per hour to 1000-5000 bucks per hour.
    Assuming that you do not have a name their yet and that the venue has some money to spare, since they invited you, I would estimate you should turn out 100-400 bucks per hour depending on your confidence level to rock the house.

    These are all guesstimates as I know neither you nor the club… so your milage may vary hugely and I could be totally wrong.

    in reply to: Hi #2403371
    Terry_42
    Keymaster

    Hi and welcome! Well check out our free courses or our paid How to digital DJ fast course.

    Have Fun!

Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 5,632 total)