Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: pioneer ddj-sb or numark mixtrack pro 2 #2035658
    chemiclus@gmail.com
    Participant

    I use the mixtrack pro 2.
    I’d say it’s a good price, although I’ve only been DJing for a few months (and quite sparingly at that, on account of junior year of university being quite a nuisance).
    For beginning I think the mixtrack is great given the two deck setup. I’d say by the time I’m ready to go four decks at a time I’ll be looking for some more substantial hardware. It’s a solid improvement over the first model and it gets the job done. A couple of the sliders leave a bit to be desired but overall the button and knob stability is pretty satisfying for me.
    If I were you I’d see if somebody I know or a store nearby has one to try it hands on first.
    As for the Pioneer, I have no clue. Maybe somebody else can chime in

    in reply to: Northern/Southern California Producer & DJ, Kullide #2025327
    chemiclus@gmail.com
    Participant

    Would you say 120GB is an adequate partition for the DJ/Production side of things?

    in reply to: Northern/Southern California Producer & DJ, Kullide #2025319
    chemiclus@gmail.com
    Participant

    Not a Mac.
    I still have to run plenty of school related software so I can’t go with Apple this time around.
    Thank you guys for the help though, I’ve been holding off until I could get the absolute good-to-go from experienced DJs.

    in reply to: Northern/Southern California Producer & DJ, Kullide #2025273
    chemiclus@gmail.com
    Participant

    Thanks for the greeting guys.
    (Assuming your name is chuck, and if you don’t mind) Yeah Chuck I’ve heard, and learned, that the best way to learn things is many spread out hours rather than concentrated efforts, thanks for the tip!
    Also I’ll be getting a laptop in the coming weeks that will have all of my content in one place and I’ll deiniftely be able to start practicing more consistently.

    (And I will remember where to post my creations from now on, thanks)

    Quick question for you guys though, would you say this computer is adequate for DJing?
    I5 processor
    8 GB RAM
    13.3 in screen
    256 GB SSD

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)