Forum Replies Created

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Serato and 4 Decks? #2120121
    DJ Eliezer
    Participant

    Just read the review on this site for the Terminal Mix 8. Thanks for the advice. I really like the lay out and features of the Terminal Mix 8. Si I guess I am just down to decided between the SX2 and the Terminal Mix 8. They both come with full version of Serato but I already have the full version so that doesn’t really help me decide. Thank you for all your responses, they have been very helpful and informative.

    in reply to: Serato and 4 Decks? #2120021
    DJ Eliezer
    Participant

    The SP-6 would not help me as far as scratching, you basically just load a sound in the SP-6 and hit a trigger pad to play the sound. I am looking for the functionality of 4 decks so I can keep my two songs that I am mixing on decks 1 and 2 and then have a scratch sample loaded on decks 3 or 4 so that I can use those to scratch while one song is playing and still have the next tune loaded up to mix in my 2nd deck. Do you think the SX2 provides that much more features and value as compared to the SR which is roughly $400 cheaper?

    in reply to: Serato and 4 Decks? #2119921
    DJ Eliezer
    Participant

    Thank you both for your help. The SP-6 will definitely come in handy for a few of the things I am trying to do but the main thing I am looking to do is creating my own scratch sounds. I am taking the samples course right now through digitaldjtips and I know the SP-6 won’t help me with being able to play with those so thats the main reason I am contemplating a step up in controller. I love my Mixtrack Pro 2, it was definitely in my opinion the best controller to start on and learn with and for the most part I can still live with it and make all my people happy at my gigs with it but I think I am just itching for a step up and I figure if I am going to do that then why not go to something with 4 decks and be able to have that for the scratch samples I want to play with while still mixing two tracks together. Really thinking about the PioneeerDDJ-SX or the PioneeerDDJ-SX2 or maybe the PioneeerDDJ-SR since it is more around the price I want to spend but I really like the SX and SX2.

    in reply to: Serato and 4 Decks? #2119191
    DJ Eliezer
    Participant

    Thanks for the advice DJ Vintage. I am kinda trying to decide still if I want to go to a 4 deck controller. I mainly wanna use it just to have my own sample sets and scratch sounds and scapulas loaded on the other two decks so I can still set up my playlist on the other two decks. I mainly do weddings and some big youth parties and corporate business parties. What are your thoughts on staying at 2 decks vs 4 decks? Im not really interested in ever doing club djing or the sort. I mainly just plan on sticking to my current gigs because the money is good and I try to stay only playing clean music.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)