Forum Replies Created

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 1,027 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • in reply to: Hey, Laptop Opera is what I use for mix work #2024437
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    Welcome to the forum , and yeah 42 ain nothin compared to the fella above me =P

    in reply to: First Gigs For Teen DJs #2024271
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    I do not however have a hate towards classic rock

    I didnt say u hated them, I was saying most of my buddies who a big fans of classic rock n roll, hate EDM, lol

    Its too bad you cant remembered the EDM tunes that got you hooked that your sis introduced it to you, I can use the same tunes to influences my rock n roll buddies

    in reply to: Trap? #2024270
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    Thanks Boom ^_^
    Will check em out

    in reply to: Hey I'm redmanic from birmingham #2024268
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    Hellow red and welcome ! We had a variety talents out here with various multi genre dj’s

    in reply to: This is DJ Tuomari #2024267
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    Welcome to the forum mate !

    in reply to: Hi all, I am Harald from Norway #2024266
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    Hellow and welcome !

    in reply to: Fun Story! #2023439
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    Everyone knows that to be real cool, you need a helmet with movement sensors to control your mixes! DUH

    My thought exactly Chuck LOL !

    in reply to: First Gigs For Teen DJs #2023438
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    Uhm … something wrong with the not-quite-so-fresh, less-than-young minds in here?

    Nothing wrong at all Chuck ^_^

    in reply to: Which should I use? #2023437
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    Yeah, or borrow Rizki’s helmet and nobody will know it was you anyway. If the night goes well, take off the helmet at the height of the evening. Otherwise, keep wearing it and blame Riz … issa simple!

    Join me in the Dark side Chuck! muwahahahahahahaha !!!

    in reply to: First Gigs For Teen DJs #2023285
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    Good to hear a story from a fresh young mind here in DDJT, keep up the good work young pandawa

    PS: and old classic rock n roll fans crossed over to EDM huh ? Most of the friends I know who big fans of classic rock n roll hated EDM ! Period! would like to know more in detail how it got you crossed over the line ?

    in reply to: What price to quote for DJing? #2023284
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    Just like Chuck pointed out, you committed yourself to the 2 days, Friday and Saturday being the most best nights of the week for DJ, where most of the club EO seek out DJ’s (with more than likely offering higher pay)
    This is the most cases happened to my DJ friends, whos resident DJ at some club, they got an offer to play a one night event in another city, with paid hotel & plane tickets, but their resident jobs tied them down
    These needs to be in your consideration also besides your DJ fees, I recomended to enter like 1 month contract or somthing like that, and also imo 4 hours set its way too long it’s tiring, 2 hours maxed its more acceptable

    With 2 hours set your hours can become more flexible, let say you spin from 9 – 11 pm, your midnight slot is free for you to taking up another gigs that night
    Me personally? I dont know if i want to bowl past midnight, especially on the weekend ya know

    in reply to: Gigs for unfamiliar genre of music #2023283
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    If you play outside genre you not familiar with, a month is not enough, if u still force yourself to do it, you might can armed your self with 1000 tunes of some oldskool hip hop, but your sets its just gonna fell flat, no souls or energy to it

    in reply to: Which should I use? #2023282
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    Stick to what you know best, hence this is your first major gig, you dont want to stumbled on some technical flaws even the smallest in CDJ, something like why the tracks not auto-cue ? or how do I link this USB thing ?

    in reply to: Only playing mash-ups during the set… good idea ? #2023281
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    Its cool if you want to do the mash up thing (with four songs) as your highlights, it shows your skills and makes the crowd wonders about “cool mash-up !” but doing it for the whole 1 hour ? It will not stands out more as you expected it would since you doing it the whole 1 hour

    in reply to: Hello from Northern Virginia #2023155
    Lamid45G
    Participant

    Greetings Tony and welcome,
    Please spread the joy and the spirit among us also, we could always use a good spirited heart !

Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 1,027 total)